Welcome to my page!

My goal is to give you information regarding frame, lens and contact lens choices. I have always believed that the best decision you can make is an educated decision. I will be happy to help with yours.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bausch & Lomb Trip


The Bausch & Lomb trip was an amazing experience.  Aside from the reason that I was there, to help with customer service, I learned alot about contact lenses in general.  I did not receive any product info, so I can't pass that along.
We started the day by being picked up at the hotel in the morning and going to the B&L Vision Care facility on N. Goodman St. in Rochester, NY.  I dropped my things off and we immediately went on a plant tour.  First stop was the Development and Research Division.  I was able to see how a vial of unknown material becomes a contact lens. It's amazing everything that goes into creating a material that can be worn on the eye.  They need to take the material and figure out how to process the material for manufacturing, how to cure it, store it, mass produce it so it is almost 100% consistent, put power in the lens, edges for comfort, tinting, packaging,  etc...And if any of these fail, they need to find out why and start all over again.  After going through the labs, we met all the customer service reps.  They take thousands of phone orders per week, process internet orders, talk to consumers and have a professional consultation deptartment.  Busy group of people!
After lunch, we convened to a conference room and got down to the business at hand.  Sorry, I can't divulge anything we talked about, I signed privacy papers.  But it was a very productive afternoon.  They capped of the day with dinner at Pier 45 on Lake Ontario.  I didn't have much time to do anything afterwards, I had a 6:00am flight the next morning.   I'd like to go on record to thank all the people from Bausch & Lomb to make this possible.  My goal is to take what I learned and pass it along to others.
My next blog with be on contact lens solutions and what could be best to use with your contact lenses.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment